Five Ways Travel Protection Can Clear Your Path for Your AAA Vacation
As a AAA member, you understand the importance of being prepared for the unexpected. That’s why we offer Allianz Travel Insurance to help you secure your investments, belongings, and yourself with plans that feature exclusive AAA benefits. That means whatever your vacation looks like, you can make the most of it with greater peace of mind. Here’s how:
- You can worry less about non-refundable trip investments. For some of us, the term “non-refundable” can cause hesitation or concern. The “what ifs” with the potential to derail our plans can seem infinite. What if something like a hurricane causes a change in plans? Or what if there’s a family emergency back home while you’re away? Luckily, putting your concerns to rest over many of these hypotheticals is easy. Allianz Travel Insurance plans offered by AAA give you a broad range of covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption to reimburse your pre-paid, non-refundable vacation expenses—so you can spend your vacation, and the weeks leading up to it, with your mind at ease.
- You’ll know you’re protected with emergency medical/dental/transportation benefits. Plenty of travelers often forget that U.S. government medical plans and many personal health insurance plans don’t work outside their country. The U.S. State Department even cautions you in your passport to look into this before leaving the country. A trip protection plan provides important coverage benefits for emergency medical/dental, and emergency medical transportation, plus services to help ensure you get the care you need away from home. You can also access our travel insurance partner’s network of pre-screened medical providers to help ensure the quality of your care.
- Your benefits can help make unexpected travel delays easier. If, for example, inclement weather keeps your flight from boarding on time, it could be even more disappointing to have to pay extra for meals, lodging, and transportation that were never part of your plans. Luckily, with benefits for covered travel delays, you can get reimbursed for additional qualifying trip costs if this happens. Plus, with plans including SmartBenefitsSM*, you can automatically receive a fixed payment for each person named on your plan whenever a qualifying delay is tracked—without ever having to submit a claim.
- You can relax knowing you have 24/7 access to professional, multilingual assistance. Whenever an issue arises away from home, it can be all the more challenging to work through it if you’re not completely familiar with local emergency facilities and other nearby services. Let’s say you lose your passport. One call to your assistance team can help you reach local authorities and the nearest U.S. government office, so you can report the loss and replace your passport as quickly as possible. If you have a medical emergency while traveling, access to these services can help save you or your travel companions critical minutes by locating your nearest appropriate facility and making any necessary transportation arrangements to get you there.
- Epidemic-related covered reasons are now included with the most popular Allianz Travel Insurance plans from AAA. So, you can worry less about what would happen if you came down with COVID-19 before or during your trip. For example, depending on your plan, benefits for trip cancellation, trip interruption, or emergency medical care and transportation could apply if you become ill. Ask your travel advisor and be sure to read your plan details for more information.
Next time you’re planning a trip, be sure to clear your path to reach your personal vacation goals. Visit your AAA Travel Agent, call your local AAA office at 1-800-222-1469, or visit AAA.com/travelinsurance for more information and a free quote.
Terms, conditions, and exclusions apply. Plan(s) underwritten by BCS Insurance Company or Jefferson Insurance Company. AGA Service Company is the licensed producer and administrator of these plans. Plans include insurance benefits and assistance services. Contact AGA Service Company at 800-284- 8300 or 9950 Mayland Drive, Richmond, VA 23233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*When you opt-in and provide flight information, we’ll monitor flights and send flight status and benefit alerts, including about flight delays that qualify for automated travel delay payment. Standard message/data rates apply to SMS alerts. SmartBenefits automated claims system and payment availability are not guaranteed and are subject to our sole discretion. All claims are subject to policy terms, conditions, and exclusions.