Vehicle Title & Registration Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What are the benefits of using AAA for my Vehicle Title and Registration needs?

AAA has been the first name in reliability and value for more than 100 years.  In addition to providing helpful, friendly staff, AAA is an authorized agent of PennDOT to complete titling and registration applications. Our service is available during most PennDot closure dates and is conveniently located inside select local AAA Mid States offices. We offer a wide variety of services including but not limited to:

  • Specialty plates and personalized plate applications

  • Mobile Home and Titling

  • Trailer Titles and Registrations

  • Disability Plate and Placard processing

  • Motor Vehicle Records

  • And more

Are there additional fees for using AAA Agent Services?

Yes.  Authorized messengers typically charge a convenience fee.  Our fees are very competitive and we offer a significant discount to AAA members.

Is membership required to use AAA Agent Services?

No.  However, fees are significantly discounted for AAA members, so it’s easy to see the value of membership.

What type of identification is required to complete my transaction?

You will be required to provide a current, legal Pennsylvania photo ID, such as a Pennsylvania Driver’s License or Non-Driver’s Photo ID.

Can I get my Pennsylvania Driver’s License at AAA Mid States?

Issuing a Pennsylvania Driver’s License is not a service that we are able to provide.  Please visit the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation to obtain a Pennsylvania Driver’s License.

Do I need to make an appointment?

No, Walk-ins are welcome.

I just moved to Pennsylvania.  Can you switch my out of state title and registration to Pennsylvania?

Yes.  We will need your out of state Certificate of Title (If title is held by a lien holder, we can obtain the out of state title on your behalf to complete the transaction) a current Pennsylvania insurance card along with a current legal Pennsylvania Photo ID/Driver’s License.

How do I make sure my vehicle insurance is valid in Pennsylvania?

Since liability requirements vary by state, and not all insurance companies are authorized to provide coverage in Pennsylvania, our local AAA Insurance Agents can assist you with all of your insurance needs in Pennsylvania.

How long will it take to receive my Pennsylvania title, registration and license plate?

In most cases, you will leave AAA with your Pennsylvania registration and license plate.  Your new Pennsylvania title will be mailed directly from PennDot.

If I have vehicles that are titled in the name of my company, can AAA still help me?

Yes.  The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation requires you provide us with specific documents  that indicates you are authorized to sign for the company.  Please contact your local AAA Mid States office for accurate information.

Can I get an International Driving Permit at AAA Mid States?

Yes.  If you’re planning to travel overseas and drive a vehicle, you can get an International Driving Permit (IDP) at any AAA Mid States office.  However, an IDP is not a substitution for a Pennsylvania Driver’s License.